When dining out, it’s not just the quality of the food that affects the experience of the diner; the ambiance can make or break an eating experience. Interior design is a crucial consideration for restaurants, bars, and hotels and ensuring the perfect setting, lighting, and furnishings sets the entire mood for a meal.
Hong Kong Restaurant Interior Design Awards (HKRIDA) hosted by RBHK had a successful launch in 2015. Since 2016, we were proud to announce Tasting Kitchen Magazine, the SOPA best designed magazine in Asia, to be the award’s co-organiser. With Tasting Kitchen’s involvement, HKRIDA’s reach has extended to Macau. Next year, the recognition will continue giving to those establishments (restaurant/bar/cafe) and its design firm that go above and beyond in their quest to deliver an exciting ambiance for their guests in the HKRIDA.
Congratulations to the 2017 Winners
|Macau Seaview Restaurant||Brasserie de Paris||Phoenix Entertainment Design Company Limited/ Positive Partnership Limited|
|Macau Portuguese Style Restaurant||Vic’s at Rocks Hotel||Phoenix Entertainment Design Company Limited|
|Macau Portuguese Style Restaurant||Flamingo||L’Arc Macau|
|Macau Casual Dining Restaurant||Le Buffet||PUCCINI Group|
|Macau Café||Louvre Cafe||Melco Resort Design|
|Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant||The Pond||Zanghellini & Holt Associates|
|Hong Kong Café||LGB CAFÉ||Unite Unit|
|Hong Kong Local Style Restaurant||HAY!||Kinney Chan & Associates|
|Hong Kong Casual Dining Restaurant||The Salted Pig||Kinney Chan & Associates|
|Hong Kong Live Entertainment Restaurant||1563 at the East Live House & Restaurant||4N design architects|
|Hong Kong Fast Food Restaurant||Super Super Congee & Noodle||4N design architects|
|Hong Kong Fine Dining Restaurant||SPIGA||Joyce Wang Studio|
|Hong Kong Bar||The Iron Fairies||Ashley Sutton Design|
Benefits for the winners (restaurants and design firm) and all participants:
- All confirmed participants’ projects (submitted images, name of restaurant and design firm) will be showcased on the RBHK website and the chance to be displayed in the Expo for 3 days.
- Winners can enjoy (1) a video interview from WOM Guide, and (2) OpenRice Booking Service – Free 300 Booking Credits.
- Winners’ projects will be demonstrated in front of 20,000 professionals from the F&B sector from Hong Kong, Macau, and Shenzhen.
- Massive media exposure in different promotion channels of our media partners, such as printing advertisement, social media coverage.
*All the prizes might be subject to change and the event organiser reserves the right of final decisions
HKRIDA is open to Hong Kong and Macau’s projects launched or renovated between 1st June 2016 and 31st May 2017. All work must be entered in collaboration. If you are the design firm your entry must be made with the relevant hospitality operator. If you are a hospitality operator you can only enter in collaboration with your design firm. Judges may enter the Awards, however they will not be able to judge their own entries.
- Casual Dining
- Chinese Restaurant
- Fast Food
- Fine Dining Restaurant
- Hong Kong Style
Who gets an award?
Awards will be given to both the winning design firm as well as the winning restaurant / bar operator (only Hong Kong and Macau).
What do you need to submit
- Full contact and location details of the restaurant/bar, and the project’s design firm. The participating design firm or restaurant should notify each other when entering the Awards.
- Select the suitable category that you wish to enter your project.
- Textual content should be ready to cut and paste into the relevant boxes. You have up to 2,000 characters (approximately 250 words), including spaces and punctuation. It is suggested to include the design brief, challenges, and the result.
- There should be up to 6 good quality images of your project. Each image must be in JPEG format and no bigger than 1MB in file size.
- You are suggested to provide the restaurant/bar floor plan, or state the restaurant size and number of seats.
What is the cost?
- Entries that are accepted will be liable to a
$1,200 per entry(FREE) administration fee (waived in early bird period).
Which category should I enter?
- A project can be entered into any relevant category. If you collaborated on a piece of work with another company or individual, you will need to make sure they haven’t entered it as well.
Prepare your work
- Make sure all entry materials (text and images) are clear, concise and of the best possible quality. Poor quality visual media might weaken your application.
- The entries that best meet the judges personal definitions of ‘design excellence’, will win.
Ensure that you meet deadlines
- It is essential that all work is entered in full and on time. Any work that isn’t, may be rejected from the competition.
When can I enter?
- All entries must be made online. The call for entries opens on 8 May 2017 and closes on 30th June 2017.
Wait for the results
- Shortlisted entries will be announced after 21st July 2017. All winners will be announced at RBHK exhibition on 6th September 2017.
I have a query
- If you have any questions or encounter any problems with your entry, please contact us:
email@example.com / +852 3958 0502
The 2017 judging panel was composed by a group of experienced designers, F&B managements, and trade media.
Director / Head of Interiors of Ronald Lu & Partners (Hong Kong) Ltd.
Professional Member of HKIDA
Associate Director of ARQUITECTONICA
Founder and Creative Director of CREAM
Past Chairman of Hong Kong Interior Design Association
Principal of HASSELL
Director of Food & Beverage of Conrad Hong Kong
Chief Designer of T.K. Tsui & Associates
Assistant Professor of HKU
Interiors Director of Benoy
Publisher of WOM Food Guide
Principal Partner of M&C Associates Limited
Design Director of JMI Associates Limited
Director of Atelier E
Chairman of APIDA
Managing Director of Hyper Ltd.
Executive Director of Lan Kwai Fong Group
Vice President of Food & Beverage of THE 13
Founder of PANORAMA
Vice-Chairman of HKIDA
Design Partner of P A L Design Group
Chairman of Hong Kong Interior Design Association
Director of John Chan Design Ltd.
|Kwok Fung TAM
Director of Culinary Operations, Food and Beverage at City of Dreams
Director of Food and Beverage of Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
Head of Architecture and Design Limited
Publisher & Director Sales of ROF MEDIA
Director of Antenna Creative Design Studio (HK) Limited
Director of F&B, City of Dreams Macau
Interior Designer of T.WOOD Design House Ltd.
Director of Food and Beverage of The Langham Hotel
Owner / Interior Designer of Thomas Chan Designs Ltd.
Design Director / Founder of Studio 93 Design Ltd.
Public Relations Committee Member of HKIDA
Founder and Managing Director of Tiron Interior Architecture
Managing Director of PplusP Designers Limited
Chairman of APIDA 2015
Co-founder and Design Director of The W International Holdings